Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hump out the hump day

i'm in a rolling stone state-of-mind today for work-related stuff and stumbled across this recording of chicago blues-man muddy waters playing "rolling stone" at the 1960 newport jazz festival. rolling stone magazine would later take it's name from this 1948 tune. enjoy & happy hump day.
 






Well, I wish I was a catfish,
swimmin in a oh, deep, blue sea
I would have all you good lookin women,
fishin, fishin after me
Sure 'nough, a-after me
Sure 'nough, a-after me
Oh 'nough, oh 'nough, sure 'nough

I went to my baby's house,
and I sit down oh, on her steps.
She said, "Now, come on in now, Muddy
You know, my husband just now left
Sure 'nough, he just now left
Sure 'nough, he just now left"
Sure 'nough, oh well, oh well

Well, my mother told my father,
just before hmmm, I was born,
"I got a boy child's comin,
He's gonna be, he's gonna be a rollin stone,
Sure 'nough, he's a rollin stone
Sure 'nough, he's a rollin stone"
Oh well he's a, oh well he's a, oh well he's a

Well, I feel, yes I feel,
feel that I could lay down oh, time ain't long
I'm gonna catch the first thing smokin,
back, back down the road I'm goin
Back down the road I'm goin
Back down the road I'm goin
Sure 'nough back, sure 'nough back

3 comments:

keishua said...

the blues. I have not listed to any m.w. in a while. I love his shaped 'fro.

LeahHos said...

So much soul, and so much feeling... Some of the best music out there. Thanks for posting!

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

just blog hopping!

the blues definitely have soul and feeling!

i like modern music but once in a while its nice to listen to this kind of music!

thanks for sharing!

have a nice day!

Recent Posts