Monday, February 8, 2010

music television


it's no secret that MTV hasn't played music for some time, and now it's official...MTV is NOT music television. MTV has launched a redesigned logo (above right) - one that is monochromatic and conspicuously omits the "music television" tagline. the previous logo had been in use for 30 years.

from the press release:

“[the new logo] represents a new visually defined MTV, stimulating its past, present and future and embracing it’s diversity. Everything from Jersey Shore, to the VMAs to collaborations with the MoMA. The logo is part of MTV’s re-invention to connect with today’s millennial generation and bring them in as part of the channel."


via /film

11 comments:

Yukon said...

mtv has some "entertaining" programming, but i have 150 other channels for sitcoms/reality/etc. at least fuse plays videos one quarter of the time.

Hadany said...

I only watch Vh2
If at all

נופש באילת טיסות לאילת בתי מלון באילת

Paulita said...

very sad.

Unknown said...

i want music videos!!!

Anonymous said...

MERKIN MERKIN MERKIN MERKIN

amybradley said...

I write stories based on true stories, I have many picture just waiting to add, that go with the plot lines. I have had allot of trouble getting the pics. On my Blog, do you have any tips or sugestions for me? Forever Greatful!

Mark said...

There is no music what I like on TV. I only buy a DVDs.

carlos said...

It's a shame they just seem to just play boring reality crap, when it was such a pioneer in its day.

Unknown said...

Woah woah woah, hang on a second... MTV used to play MUSIC? I just always thought the M stood for masochist. Sheesh, shows how little I know!

Emperatriz Tejada said...

Reality TV is such a waste. Besides, most of these shows that claim to be "reality" based programs are in fact soooo over the top scripted. Its really annoying.

Anonymous said...

American mass media
hahah laughable.

Recent Posts