Wednesday, November 5, 2008

where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola

The Kinks are in the studio working on a comeback album but will only release the album if its "good". As for what to expect Ray Davies explained in an interview:

"I don't just want to do usual suspects. I'd love to do something with Johnny, but I'd like to find new bands. Unsigned even. I usually like the underdogs. I've never met Chuck Berry but he was one of my heroes as a lyricist. We'll see how it works out - a mixture of Snow Patrol and Chuck Berry. It should be an interesting record."

the kinks are one of my favorite bands. how can you listen to a song like "Lola" and not tap your foot and nod your head? (here's "lola" the sound is from the studio album but the footage from a 1970 performance)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayum!, CAN I GET AN AMEN!

onelove!

Recent Posts