i think i'll make these pumpkin parfaits today.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (15-oz) can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 20 gingersnap cookies, coarsely crushed
Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small saucepan and let soften 1 minute. Bring to a bare simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Whisk together gelatin mixture, pumpkin, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large bowl. Beat 1 cup cream with 1/2 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks, then fold into pumpkin mixture gently but thoroughly. Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream with remaining 1 tsp vanilla until it holds soft peaks. Spoon about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture into bottom of each glass, then sprinkle with some of cookies and top with about 2 Tbsp whipped cream. Repeat layers once, ending with cream. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.