Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Natalie Portman in a Bollywood-y Video

Natalie Portman stars in her indie rockster boyfriend Devendra Banhart’s new Bollywood-esque music video "Carmensita", and I love it.

The video is a low budget parody of a Bollywood movie with English subtitles, flying snakes, and psychedelic visuals.

Portman plays a the part of a (sorta) Indian princess who has been captured by some sort of evil King and needs to be rescued by a prince. Devendra plays pretty much every other role in the music video...atleast from what I can tell. I won't spoil the end for you but will tell you that it has something to do with an octopus.

I love Portman's dance moves around 2:08, they remind me of some of the moves my friends and I used during our performance of "Chaiyya Chaiya" for our Bollywood class's final exam (we got A's).


No comments:

Recent Posts