Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Metronomy

And now for some music news out of the UK: Metronomy has released his sophomore album Nights Out. While it's currently unavailable in the states (neither on iTunes nor on CD/LP), I, like many others I'm sure, have been able to give the thing a listen on the web. The following paragraph was written between the times of 1:45 and 1:53 and will suffice as a summary of my thoughts on the album.

As far as I understand, the album is more of the same for Metronomy--which is not at all a bad thing. Characterized by a penchant for unusual electronic sounds and spasmodic rhythmic bursts, Metronomy's brand of dance music is unique to say the least. I guess the closest comparison I could draw would be Devo? I forewarn: the music is a bit freakish and not necessarily suited to the tastes of the musically depraved masses--That said, give each song some time and I would be surprised if you didn't turn off your stereo with a smile on your face...Then again, you might like it better when you're flailing around like an idiot on the dancefloor.

Here are a couple of my early picks:

Metronomy- "The End of You Too"
NOTE: This song sounds a lot like a bad song. It's not, and I know a lot of you are impatient, but give it at least until 0:50.

Metronomy- "My Heart Rate Rapid"


Metronomy- "Our Raid"
This song's not on the album, but it's awesome and Ultramafic already had it uploaded.

No comments:

Recent Posts