Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Better than Safeway

Mpreis is a family-owned chain of grocery stores dotting the Austrian Alps. Next time you're ripping around the 'Bahn, be sure to make a pitstop.

Each of the supermarkets is smartly designed to compliment its surrounding environment, ideally making each shopping experience a little less tedious. Cost inefficiencies aside, I hope someday we will say RIP to cookie-cutter chain stores. Pleeez.

I think people often overlook the shapes and structures with which they interact -- I know I do at least. But when I'm in a place that gets it right, I can tell. It affects my mood. I don't wanna leave.

Mpreis gets it right. Even their website is thoughtfully designed. In the words of Malcolm Cowley, "They do things better in Europe." Amen Mal... and Willkommen bei MPREIS.









No comments:

Recent Posts